NetApp® announced they are targeting small and medium businesses with a new bundled virtualization solution
November 2023 by Marc Jacob
NetApp® announced they are targeting small and medium businesses with a new bundled virtualization solution that will be sold and marketed by Fujitsu, a VMware and NetApp reseller. The solution delivers an integrated and affordable virtualized infrastructure solution to help small and medium businesses simplify and accelerate the management of traditional and modern applications, sold and supported through Fujitsu and Fujitsu partners. It uses the latest VMware vSphere 8 virtualization software, Fujitsu PRIMERGY Servers, and NetApp all-flash storage systems, complete with NetApp ONTAP integration to vSphere.
According to a 2023 IDC European CloudOps survey, approximately 60 percent of organizations surveyed are spending two-to-three times more in the cloud than they had originally budgeted. As a result, many organizations today are taking an application-first, cloud-smart approach to how they build a hybrid and multicloud architecture and maintain flexibility and control of their virtual machines (VMs) and data.
The combination of the latest VMware vSphere virtualization software, Fujitsu PRIMERGY Servers, and NetApp All-Flash systems helps IT organizations deploy a cost-effective and efficient cloud-ready platform that is architected forward to seamlessly move workloads to public cloud providers of choice and bring workloads back on-premises if desired while maintaining operational consistency.
Key benefits of this bundled solution include:
• VMware vSphere 8 enterprise virtualization software, which brings the benefits of cloud to on-premises deployments
• Fujitsu PRIMERGY Servers running the latest Intel x86 processors, Fujitsu Software Infrastructure Manager (SIM), and Fujitsu Professional Services
• NetApp all-flash A150 storage management arrays offering enterprise-class performance at entry-level price
• NetApp ONTAP data management software and API integrations to vSphere to simplify storage provisioning and operations
• NetApp Software Bundle, which includes NetApp technologies such as SnapCenter, SnapMirror, SnapRestore and FlexClone to offload and simplify data management operations
NetApp, Fujitsu, and VMware are focused on helping customers simplify and standardize IT infrastructure and operations. The result for customers is an enterprise-class, virtualized, cloud-smart, and complete infrastructure with simplified procurement, services, and support, affordably priced for the midmarket.
The Fujitsu, NetApp, VMware Hybrid Cloud solution is available and sold through Fujitsu directly and through Fujitsu, NetApp, and VMware authorized channel partners.