Infoblox Launches ActiveTrust® Cloud to Extend Protection for Remote Workers and Branch Offices
February 2017 by Marc Jacob
Infoblox Inc. announced the global availability of Infoblox ActiveTrust® Cloud. Delivered as a service, ActiveTrust Cloud addresses the needs of global enterprises with a mobile workforce and growing branch offices which often don’t have dedicated IT staff or adequate security measures in place.
The new solution provides protection for devices on or off the premises, prevent DNS-based data exfiltration, automatically stops device communications with command-and-control servers, and allows rapid investigation of threats All Internet communications rely on DNS. However, it is often susceptible to attack, as DNS is often not sufficiently secured. Cybercriminals use DNS as a vector for data exfiltration and as a malware control point. Existing security controls, such as firewalls, email proxies, and web proxies, often do not focus on DNS and associated threats. Infoblox ActiveTrust Cloud addresses these issues by bringing together Infoblox’s DNS security capabilities like malware containment, DNS data exfiltration prevention, threat investigation and reporting into one service delivered from the cloud. ActiveTrust Cloud helps enable organizations to reduce IT overhead, lower upfront costs and quickly scale as the organizations expand or their needs change.
Infoblox ActiveTrust Cloud features include:
• Detect and block DNS-based data exfiltration using behavioral analytics.
• Disrupt malicious DNS-based communications to C&Cs and prevent malware from propagating.
• Stay on top of evolving malicious domains and IPs using real-time machine-readable threat intelligence curated for low false positives.
• Threat investigation tool for fast analysis using threat context to take action in minutes, not hours.
• Unified management, analytics, and reporting on the premises and in the cloud. Customize policy based on business needs without DNS expertise.
• Deep visibility and rich network context around infections and compromised devices on or off the premises
Infoblox has been helping protect users on-premises for years, and is now the first and only major DDI vendor to provide organizations with an on-premise and a cloud service for securing users everywhere with unified policy management, data exfiltration prevention, analytics and reporting. In addition, using Infoblox Actionable Network Intelligence, customers can use valuable context to prioritize and remediate threats rapidly.
Available now, ActiveTrust Cloud helps protect users everywhere – on-premises, remote and in branch offices.