Google, Fedora Project, and Microsoft products had the most vulnerabilities in 2022
March 2023 by Atlas VPN
According to the data presented by the Atlas VPN team, Google, Fedora Project, and Microsoft products had the most vulnerabilities in 2022. If we look into the specific products, security researchers found the most exploits in Fedora, Android, and Windows operating systems.
The statistics are based on the CVE Details security vulnerability database, which has records of exploits since 1999.
The report shows that:
• Google products had 1372 exploits in 2022, the most of all vendors.
• The Fedora Project was the second vendor with 945 discovered vulnerabilities.
• Security researchers discovered 939 vulnerabilities in Microsoft products.
• Debian products had 887 exploits, and their Linux OS had 884 vulnerabilities.
• Apple had 456 exploits in their products, one of which, macOS, had 379 vulnerabilities in 2022.
The first part of the report covers the top 10 vendors and products with the most vulnerabilities in 2022.
The second part of the report goes over the severity of vulnerabilities in certain vendors.