CloudSeeds Selects Juniper Networks’ Solutions for Self-Serve, Agile Business Services
May 2017 by Marc Jacob
Juniper Networks announced that CloudSeeds™, a provider of flexible hosted and on-premises clouds, is building a new infrastructure for its portfolio of turnkey Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) data center solutions, based on Juniper’s Contrail® Networking software-defined networking (SDN) solution. CloudSeeds’ overriding aim is to create reusable, automated physical and virtual cloud infrastructures, enabling its customers to focus on their core business and to derive significant IT cost savings.
Juniper’s technology will help enable a wide range of innovative, user-driven, flexible business services for CloudSeeds’ service provider and enterprise customers across the spectrum of vertical industries. CloudSeeds will create fully hosted and managed cloud services that ensure data is kept within national boundaries, allowing it to fully comply with German law.
This service offering will include a fully-automated test lab environment, incorporating advanced analysis and trouble-shooting capabilities utilizing machine learning, advanced telemetry and big data analytics systems powered by Juniper AppFormix. This technology enables CloudSeeds to provide automated, predefined service level agreements (SLAs) for its customers, monitoring the operation and performance of applications across its software-defined infrastructure in real-time.
Alternatively, CloudSeeds will use Juniper technology to provide virtualized cloud services infrastructure on the customer’s premises, which can be managed in-house by the customer, by CloudSeeds or as a hybrid model. These services will be secured using Juniper Networks vSRX Virtual Firewall and can be easily integrated with third-party solutions, such as load balancing capabilities.
• All services offered by CloudSeeds are designed to be customer-portal driven, enabling users to select, amend and provision services with a mouse-click.
• CloudSeeds expects service provider customers to use the hosted cloud infrastructure to create white label service offerings of their own, leveraging the low-investment capabilities of virtualized infrastructure when it is in start-up mode, then transition to on-premises infrastructure once service business models are proven and risk-free.
• Juniper’s Contrail Networking is a simple, open and agile SDN solution that automates and orchestrates the creation of highly-scalable virtual networks. These virtual networks enable cloud providers, such as CloudSeeds, to harness the power of the cloud for new services, increased business agility and revenue growth.
• Other Juniper products being deployed in CloudSeeds’ new cloud service infrastructure include the MX80 3D Universal Edge Router, the SRX300 Services Gateway, the QFX5100 line of Switches and the EX4300 Ethernet Switch.
• The overall infrastructure is underpinned by Junos® OS, Juniper’s single operating system, which powers both physical and virtual platforms, simplifying network operations.
• CloudSeeds is planning a second phase of development for its state-of-the-art cloud services platform, which will incorporate Juniper’s SD-WAN (software-defined wide area network) solution.