CTERA Launches Intelligent Cloud Storage Routing
December 2022 by Marc Jacob
CTERA announced version 7.5 of the CTERA Enterprise File Services Platform including CTERA’s patented Cloud Storage Routing technology as well as numerous enhancements in data management, deduplication, and security. This release further expands CTERA’s mission to evolve enterprise storage from an IOPS-centric approach to the new world of multi-cloud DataOps.
CTERA Cloud Storage Routing allows organizations to efficiently utilize multiple cloud storage providers and on-premises object storage systems with policy-based control over data placement. Organizations can route data to be stored in different destinations globally with a fine granularity based on tenant, user, or individual directory. With CTERA Cloud Storage Routing, organizations can maintain data sovereignty and GDPR compliance, while providing low-latency access to data and minimizing cloud egress fees.
Cloud Routing is built on the foundation of CTERA Direct, a high-performance, low-latency, direct-to-cloud data transport protocol that was designed to overcome data transfer challenges across different cloud environments and high-latency links, while adhering to a zero-trust philosophy.
CTERA 7.5 also includes the following major features which make it the most complete and cyber-resilient data services platform:
• Cache Deduplication: Edge Filer-level deduplication of cached data, increasing storage efficiency by up to 80%. Significantly reduces cost and hardware footprint at the edge, while increasing the amount of data that can be cached and improving performance.
• Enterprise Key Management: Delegated storage of cryptographic keys using the Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP), including certified support for Thales CipherTrust.
• Permanent Delete: Unrecoverable file erasure option, meeting strict compliance regulations regarding removal of classified information, and allowing adherence to GDPR right to erasure.
• New Storage Providers: Support was added for Cohesity SmartFiles, Quantum ActiveScale, and Hitachi Content Platform version 9.4.
• Usability: A new Edge Filer user interface providing a modern and easy-to-use user experience.
• Local Quota: Enforcement of folder level quotas on Edge Filers.
• Mac OS Experience: A new version of the CTERA MacAssist, providing a consistent user experience to Mac users, with support for the JAMF platform for zero-touch deployment.