CAST AI Introduces ‘Cloud Security Insights,’ Augmenting its Flagship Kubernetes Cloud Cost Management Platform with Free Security Analysis
September 2022 by Marc Jacob
CAST AI introduced Cloud Security Insights, a security analysis tool which fully integrates into CAST AI’s signature cloud optimization platform. With the addition of Security Insights, CAST AI’s platform brings together a comprehensive suite of tools for automating Kubernetes cost reduction, cloud resource provisioning and security monitoring across Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
CAST AI Security Insights was designed specifically to address gaps in security without requiring any additional steps on behalf of users. Research indicates more than half of deployed containers have one or more critical vulnerabilities.
CAST AI’s Security Insights are available - at no cost - to anyone running CAST AI’s free cloud cost savings reports. In addition to comprehensive cost monitoring, CAST AI provides all users with individually tailored security recommendations to mitigate cloud native workload security issues including public image vulnerabilities. CAST AI customers will also receive vulnerability insights into their private images.
Security Insights offers the following features:
• Kubernetes configuration checks, to ensure your cluster is configured according to best practices for pods and workloads. Users are provided with details on individual checks and resources through CAST AI’s user interface.
• Vulnerability scans, which offer an overview of potential issues that might appear due to container images downloaded from public registries.
• Round-the-clock visibility into your Kubernetes cluster configuration.
• Container image vulnerability detection and security recommendations arranged and presented in order of priority.
CAST AI Security Insights offers additional benefits to developers, security specialists and business executives. These include:
• Developers: no longer need to be burdened with securing containers. Security Insights makes the Kubernetes technology adoption journey secure and errorless, and offers guidance through best configuration practices, simplifying daily tasks related to security in cluster prioritization and remediation.
• Security specialists: are provided with a tool that ensures developers are aligned with the latest best practices, so potentially security risks are minimized.
• Business executives: immediately understand the full scale of security issues, where they exist and how to best mitigate them. Security Insights also provides insight into the current state of Kubernetes cluster security, as well as historical trends.