BSI has officially launched the revised ISO/IEC 27001
February 2023 by Marc Jacob
As organizations become more digitized, cybercriminals’ methods have become increasingly sophisticated. Without the right information security protection, your business is at risk. After a breach, 21% of companies reported losing money, data, or assets, while one in three reported suffering wider business disruption such as lost staff time.
ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Information security management systems is the flagship of the ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards, which was first published over 20 years ago. These standards offer tools to mitigate the risks of breaches and cybercrime by implementing a robust information security management system (ISMS). Their adoption can help inspire trust in business and provide opportunities to train staff, leading to a more productive way of working.
While the standard’s focus is identifying and managing information security risks, adopting its guidance offers much broader benefits to business than just protecting data. It can help organizations:
• Reduce the likelihood of a data breach, which could result in reputational damage or fines
• Built trust with existing clients and customers and appeal to new ones by boosting your reputation
• Improve efficiency and productivity across the entire organization
• Ensure business continuity in the event of an attempted cyber attack
• Reduce information security costs by assessing risks and employing a more selective approach