Arbor Networks Secures Global Leadership Position in the Biannual IHS Infonetics Report on DDoS Prevention Appliances for the Sixth Consecutive Year
July 2016 by Marc Jacob
Arbor Networks Inc., the security division of NETSCOUT, was identified once again as the top supplier of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) mitigation appliances overall, as well as in the Carrier, Enterprise and Mobile market segments, according to a new report from IHS Infonetics Research. This is the sixth consecutive year that Arbor has secured the leadership position in the report.
According to IHS Infonetics, the DDoS threat landscape continues to get more complex and the consequences more severe. The total number of attacks is growing rapidly, application-layer attacks are becoming more common and even volumetric attacks are evolving. Volumetric attacks are bifurcating into high velocity/bandwidth attacks, and lower bandwidth attacks. This has significance for everyone, particularly large enterprises, mid-sized cloud and hosting providers and smaller telecom providers.
Arbor’s portfolio of DDoS protection products and services are designed to meet the multi-dimensional needs of organisations, from smaller emerging growth companies to the largest enterprise and service providers.
• Cost-Effective Managed Services: Arbor Cloud offers fully-managed hybrid, on-premises and in-cloud DDoS protection services.
• Deployment Flexibility: From SDN and virtual solutions to embedded security in Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Routers, high-density appliances and a global cloud.
• Scalability: Starting at sub-100Mbps virtual solutions scaling to 160Gbps appliances to 2Tbps in the cloud.
• Protections: From volumetric-only to application-layer and multi-vector attacks to advanced threats; continuously armed with global threat intelligences from ATLAS and ASERT.
• Pricing: Managed services subscriptions, perpetual appliances and virtual license pools.