Imperva Introduces File Security Family to Help Mitigate Insider Threats
July 2010 by Marc Jacob
Imperva announced a File Security product line, the latest addition to the company’s SecureSphere Data Security Suite. SecureSphere File Firewall prevents unauthorized access to unstructured data residing on file servers, network attached storage (NAS). SecureSphere File Activity Monitoring (FAM) allows enterprises to monitor access to sensitive file data, establish an audit trail for compliance and reduce data access rights to a business need-to-know level. With this product expansion, Imperva’s data security suite helps enterprises protect not only web applications and databases but file systems as well.
According to research firm IDC, 80 percent of all business data is file data, which will continue to grow at 60 percent annually. At the same time, many government and private industry mandates require companies to track and monitor access to sensitive data regardless of where it resides. Imperva’s File Security products allow businesses to:
· Analyze who has access to, who owns, and who has accessed sensitive data.
· Identify where access is “excessive” and can be reduced.
· Monitor access and alert and/or block access that violates business policy.
Additionally, key capabilities of the new product line include:
· User Rights Management for Files: Companies can aggregate, review, approve or reject rights to sensitive files/folders; quickly identify suspect excessive and dormant rights.
· Real-Time File Access Auditing, Security, Integrity: Companies can audit, alert, and block access to sensitive files/folders.